Friday, August 15, 2008

The Diabetic Diva returns

The latest from my favorite Diva:

I got a call from my veterinarian a few weeks ago informing me that they were discontinuing the insulin that my cat uses.

What?

You heard me correctly, my cat is a diabetic just like I am.

My insulin costs are $120.00 for two different kinds of insulin and usually lasts about three weeks.

My cat's insulin costs $125.00 and will usually last about a month.

Those costs are just for the insulin, it doesn't include the syringes that are needed to inject the insulin subcutaneously.

I have health insurance, my cat doesn't.

There will never be a cure for diabetes, because there is so much money to be made from the poor folks who have it.

However, there is a bright side: My cat's new insulin is only going to cost $25.00 a bottle. I guess the insurance and pharmaceutical companies realized that my cat was never going to be able to pay them a dime.

Tune in next time when I discuss my favorite topic: Just desserts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh hey that's fucked up!