Sunday, March 15, 2009

Food is always an issue for diabetics

Yeah, I know, it's an issue for so many of us, but it seems to be a bigger one for diabetics. After all, most of us, if we don't count carbs, at least have to be aware of them. And too much protein wreaks havoc for those of us with kidney issues. So, I have to count carbs, and protein. Which means, all I don't count is fats, and that doesn't lead to anything good. So, basically, I spend my day counting everything.
This disease sucks.

2 comments:

Michele said...

My final trimester I found out I had gestational diabetes. I wanted four kids, this was my first, and with every pregnancy my chances of becoming diabetic are higher. =( My two favorite things, Pepsi and Sour Skittles. Well I have to put those on hold and make sure I get more protein in my diet, etc etc. I hate counting and worrying. I cut out Pepsi and went to Diet Coke but that makes me hungry all the time so now I'm to sprite....until I realized there are 38g of carbs. boo I feel like I can't win.
So I totally know how you feel. This is totally new to me and even though I had my daughter over a year ago I still struggle with it slightly.

good luck to you with everything!

Anonymous said...

I am final, I am sorry, but it does not approach me. I will search further.