Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's day

Tomorrow is a day when everyone seems to enjoy exchanging gifts like candy. Most diabetics I know either ignore that candy is loaded with sugar, and undulge, or they buy that dreck known as sugar-free candy.
It is like neither one is a good choice.
The choice I make is to use very high content dark chocolate. I don't mean the regular dark chocolate but the really bitter stuff from el rey (I think that's the name) is 73.5%.
It is pretty low in sugar and has an undeniable chocolate taste.
This ain't your momma's milk chocolate.
I find that this "high test" chocolate is very satisfying and I can eat just a little bit of it. I don't need to eat a whole bar. In fact, I buy the discs. These are little discs, similar to coins that are more used for baking. I like them because they are easy to portion control. I hate breaking up bars.

No comments: