Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I haven't been around in a while

I haven't been around in a while. I have been shirking my duties. I'll start with an update.
My sugar has been well controlled, but because my wound is in a very difficult place to heal, it hasn't in a year.
In January of this year, I got very ill, and had to have my 4th toe cut off. That's the one little piggy that got no roast beef, for anyone who remembers that old kid's nursery rhyme. I'm trying to recover, but I am more committed than ever to try to help others avoid the pain that I have gone through.
Diabetes has destroyed my health. My feet are scarred. My kidneys are barely functioning. And, career wise, well, imagine what it is like to change careers every few years or so.
I used to be a truck driver, delivering home heating oil, and working on boilers. I could no longer physically do that due to diabetes, so I entered social services, direct care.
I went to school and got my degree so I could do something less physical.
I became a certified teacher. And due to my physical disability (I've been in a wheelchair or used a cane) it has been very difficult to get a position. So, I went back to school and got an even more valuable advanced degree. My health has stopped me from using it, though.
Anyway, I'm back and I hope to keep providing quality information so everyone can make informed decisions about health care.

1 comment:

Icehot said...

However, remember to keep yourself safe, don't panic and do not worry about the repair costs while on the side of the road with steam rolling out from the hood of your car. The great thing about these is that they are the best choice for home solar or wind power storage battery banks, and as we all know this kind of power is becoming more and more popular. You could just have a backup battery to switch to when your main one dies. The battery hold down bars should also be checked to see if they are securely in place. Telecom workers laying cables near a power plant in Shanghai.