Friday, December 03, 2010

Salad days

Not being a fan of salad, I've tried to get more raw vegetables in my diet. They are great for a diabetic, as they are low in carbs, high in nutrients. A few days ago the experiment to make a salad that didn't have to be choked down. This was for 2.

I thinly sliced a zucchini, then 3 stalks of celery. The key was to thinly slice them on a mandoline. I hate big chewy chunks. Put in some roasted garlic, grape tomatoes, and spinach. Added some cheese, dressed it with heated oil and balsamic. My intention was to wilt the spinach. Seasoned it with a little salt and pepper.

By the way I lightly added the seasoning as I layered the veggies. It was really good. Thin slices seem to make it more palatable for me. Almost any veggies would work. Any greens, too. I made it again with Romaine and it equally tasty.

1 comment:

Davis said...

In 1999, Minnesota governor, Jesse Ventura, refused to issue a proclomation supporting the National Day of Prayer, publicly stating "There are people who are atheists, who don't believe at all. King, who collected the pictures of meth addicts, noticed how repeated abusers' physical appearances had changed horribly. This is not just another fish story. Nitrogen and phosphate fertilizers, agriculture chemical wholesale distributors, brokers and traders.