Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Diabetic Life (Part 3)

I've covered the outer injuries (I warned you this shit destroyed my life, didn't I?) so now, I'll move on to the inner injuries.

My kidneys are shot to hell. The doctors have suggested I put myself on the transplant list, but a combination of things have made me not do so.

Maybe I'm partially in denial about it, but I have faith that my body can heal itself. Part of this is religious based, and a part is based upon my faith in nature. Going on the list would just admit defeat.

I have had a heart attack. The doctors called it a silent one, but I do remember the night it happened. I was laying in bed, and felt my left arm go numb. I also began sweating profusely. I knew it was a heart attack, but I decided that I was going to ignore it. Yeah, denial runs deep in me. Plus, to be honest, I didn't really care if I lived or died. Stupid, but hey, most of the decisions I've made in my life have been pretty stupid.

Lastly, my circulation is pretty bad. That's part of the reason my leg wounds don't heal.

That's enough for today.

I'll have another part soon.

3 comments:

shyne said...

Wow.......I'm sending you as many healing thoughts as possible.
What a difficult time.

I'm sure you've probably talked with your doctor about Hyperbaric therapy.
It's a controversial subject.
Here's some info:

http://www.baromedical.ca/conditions/condition_diabetic_foot_ulcer.html

My stepfather had an unhealable leg ulcer and this helped.

shyne said...

Oh....guess I don't know how to do that.

Add this after condition_

diabetic_foot_ulcer.html

Da Old Man said...

My insurance won't cover it.